Πέμπτη 6 Ιουλίου 2017

''Explore'' - DT Mixed Media Canvas for Lindy's Stamp Gang with a VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hello mixed media’s fans!

Today I'm up on the Lindy's Stamp Gang blog and I’m going to show you how I made a canvas using several Starbursts and Flat Sprays as well as Embossing Powder from Lindy’s.


I started by covering my canvas with black gesso. When this had dried, I applied black modeling paste through a stencil and because I wanted to give it, even more, texture I heat embossed the pattern with ”Angel Wings Mauve” embossing powder.


The shimmer really stands out on the black background.


Then, I gave all the embellishments a coat of black gesso.


I glued down all the embellishments. Then, I mixed black gesso
and art stones with soft gloss gel and applied it on the canvas to create more texture.


When everything was dry I highlighted some spots with white gesso, this helps make the patterns and shapes stand out.


I used the sprays Pop Rock Purple, Tea Pot PurplePrima Donna Purple and Hydrangea Blue to add color to the canvas.


To finish, I made some splatters with White Acrylic Artists Ink. 


Here are some close-ups so you can see the details.





I have also made a video tutorial with the procedure.




Lindy's Products
Embossing Powder: Angel Wings Mauve

Other products
2Crafty Chipboard, Finnabair mediums (White and Black Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel), Finnabair Art Stones, Scrap-Unlimited embellishments, Prima Marketing flowers and pebbles


Thank my friends for your time!


1 σχόλιο:

  1. GORGEOUS!! You make it look so easy. I would be afraid to use all of that black gesso, but WOW everything just stands out! The purples and that glorious Hydrangea Blue look fabulous! thanks for the inspiration! Lisa : )

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή